Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, how you finish your student's registration has changed. Please see step two (2) below for options.
School Eligibility for Kindergarten and Pre-K:
Kindergarten: In order for your child to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year, he/she is required to be 5 years-old on or before January 1, 2021. Please note: Kindergarten "is not" a lottery based program. Seats are guaranteed for age appropriate students.
PK 3 and PK 4: Registration is open to those students that "won lottery seats only." Please do not register unless approved. You should've been notified via mail whether or not your student was selected or waitlisted. Please contact Rita at 860-258-2772 or email@example.com for waitlist info. For general information on the PK program, please click here.
Steps to get your child pre-registered for the 2020-2021 school-year:
Step 1: Fill-out the required forms online via our Infosnap School Registration System powered by PowerSchool available by clicking here. Please note, a valid email address is required to set-up an Infosnap account.
Step 2: Once you have all the required documents listed below, you have four (4) methods you may utilize to deliver the required documents.
1. Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. US Mail to: Rocky Hill Board of Education, C/O Thomas Kennison, 761 Old Main Street, Suite 231, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
3. Fax to: (860) 258 - 7710
4. Make an in-person verification appointment. Instructions for in-person verification appointments:
- Available: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm and Fridays, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- No walk-ins please. Appointment is required even to deliver missing documents.
- To minimize exposure, only (one) 1 parent/guardian may visit the Board of Education for the in-person verification meeting. No children are allowed at the meeting.
- Parents/guardians are required to wear a mask. So will Central Registration Staff.
- Both parties are required to socially distance during the meeting by sitting on opposite sides of the table.
What will I need to send/deliver to the BOE to finish my student's registration?
- Parent Questionnaire for new kindergarten students available online here.
- Parent/Guardian’s Valid Photo Identification.
- Proof of Parent/Guardian’s Residency (Residency Requirements).
- Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport or Other (used to determine student’s age only).
- State of Connecticut Health Assessment Form and Immunization Record. For kindergarten, physical must be dated after July 1, 2019. Please be advised, out-of-state physical forms are no longer accepted.
1. Connecticut Health Assessment Form (ages 5 and up) available online here.
2. Early Childhood Health Assessment Form (ages birth-5) available online here.
Parents, please fill-out the first page, sign and date. In addition, please be sure your child’s full legal name and date of birth is on each page.
- A documented Tuberculin Test by a physician may be required. Please consult your child’s pediatrician. TB Form for physician sign-off available for printing at the end of your InfoSnap registration session or by clicking here. A physician may also fill-out the TB test section on the Connecticut Health Assessment Form or provide its own documentation.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan (if applicable).
- Transfer Certificate if student(s) attended a foreign school.