Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, how you finish your student's registration has changed. Please see step two (2) below for options.
School Eligibility for Kindergarten and Pre-K:
Kindergarten: In order for your child to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year, he/she is required to be 5 years-old on or before January 1, 2021. Please note: Kindergarten "is not" a lottery based program. Seats are guaranteed for age appropriate students.
PK 3 and PK 4: Registration is open to those students that "won lottery seats only." Please do not register unless approved. You should've been notified via mail whether or not your student was selected or waitlisted. Please contact Rita at 860-258-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org for waitlist info. For general information on the PK program, please click here.
Steps to get your child pre-registered for the 2020-2021 school-year:
Step 1: Fill-out the required forms online via our Infosnap School Registration System powered by PowerSchool available by clicking here. Please note, a valid email address is required to set-up an Infosnap account. Please do not use this link to register for 2021-2022 school year. The 2021-2022 website will be up in mid-February 2021.
Step 2: Once you have all the required documents listed below, you have three (3) methods you may utilize to deliver the required documents.
1. Scan and email to email@example.com
2. US Mail to: Rocky Hill Board of Education, C/O Thomas Kennison, 761 Old Main Street, Suite 231, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
3. Fax to: (860) 258 - 7710
Please note: In-person school verification appointments are suspended due to Covid until further notice. If needed, I may be able to pick documents up from you. This will be done on a case by case basis. Please call the office at (860) 258-3180.
What will I need to send/deliver to the BOE to finish my student's registration?
- Parent Questionnaire for new kindergarten students available online here.
- Parent/Guardian’s Valid Photo Identification.
- Proof of Parent/Guardian’s Residency (Residency Requirements).
- Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport or Other (used to determine student’s age only).
- State of Connecticut Health Assessment Form and Immunization Record. For kindergarten, physical must be dated after July 1, 2019. Please be advised, out-of-state physical forms are no longer accepted.
1. Connecticut Health Assessment Form (ages 5 and up) available online here.
2. Early Childhood Health Assessment Form (ages birth-5) available online here.
Parents, please fill-out the first page, sign and date. In addition, please be sure your child’s full legal name and date of birth is on each page.
- A documented Tuberculin Test by a physician may be required. Please consult your child’s pediatrician. TB Form for physician sign-off available for printing at the end of your InfoSnap registration session or by clicking here. A physician may also fill-out the TB test section on the Connecticut Health Assessment Form or provide its own documentation.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan (if applicable).
- Transfer Certificate if student(s) attended a foreign school.